Vegan Chickpea Curry With Potatoes Recipe: Quick and tasty while healthy and full of flavor, this one pot chickpea curry is definitely a recipe you and your family should try!
A super easy vegan chickpea curry with potatoes, carrots, and peas. When it’s cold outside, we love to warm up with this Chickpea Curry with Potato. There’s just something about potatoes that I absolutely LOVE! This vegan chickpea curry has been “favorite meal” for quite a while now. I usually don’t make any meal plans for the week, I both love curries and as we’re usually pretty busy throughout the week, we want something quick, easy, and delicious after a long day. Sometimes we leave out the potatoes if we want it to be even quicker, but mostly we stick with the recipe below. This vegetarian curry has the aromatic spice of cumin, turmeric, and garam masala. Garam Masala, the spice blend that makes this dish so delicious, is known to be a warming spice. The name, garam masala, literally means “warm spices”. It’s really just a matter of sautéing the ingredients together with a few flavor enhancers before simmering to make this meal completely drool worthy. This is one of those “make your own” take out dinners that is really good.
Top it off with some cilantro and you’re good to go! It’s soo good and the ultimate comfort food for me!
Vegan Chickpea Curry With Potatoes Recipe
- 1 small onion, cut into stripes
- 2 small potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (optional) adjust if the curry paste you’re using is very spicy, mine was very mild
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- black pepper
- cashews (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Then add the potatoes and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in the red curry paste and the curry and cook for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, carrot, chickpeas, and peas and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with cashews and cilantro.
I hope you like this easy vegan chickpea curry as much as I do! It’s loaded with protein (chickpeas and peas both are a great source of protein), so it’s perfect for vegans and vegetarians. Basmati rice, especially brown basmati, is perfect for serving with this curry and makes for a complete vegetarian protein.
And any curry recipe is a great excuse for naan bread. I like to make my own naan bread because it’s really easy and nothing in the store can compare. You can make the dough ahead of time, allow it to rise, and cook the naan bread while the curry is simmering.
Let me know if you give this Vegan Chickpea Curry With Potatoes Recipe a try! As always, I love hearing from you guys!